You are listening on libsyn, now
In this Episode, I interview special Kingdom Rockstar guest. Laurie Meek Watkins. Laurie is a journalist and gifted blogger and is behind the blog typeachecklist.com In our authentic conversation, Laurie shares her God Story of being cool to cracked to being shattered after her husband of 40 years walked away unexpectedly from their marriage and family and how God is helping bring the shattered pieces of her life back together. She also shares many scriptures and tips of how others who may be struggling with divorce and relational rejection can best heal and recover to move forward in their lives in a healthy way.
In This Episode:
- Laurie is a journalist and gifted blogger and is behind the blog typeachecklist.com.
- We are a part of something bigger than us. The best thing is to share your flaws and crippling experiences. We share so God can use our words to help others.
- Laurie shares her “Cool to Cracked to Shattered and Back” God Story.
- She was checking all the boxes and living a good life but she had an empty heart. There was still something missing in her life.
- The most important thing she could check off her list was to fall in the arms of the Lord and relinquish her life to Jesus to help her in her walk.
- A cracked pot can be glued together and look a little like it did before but being shattered is like a light bulb that is dropped and there is no way it can be put back together again. Her cracked pot became shattered after 40 years when her husband walked away from their family.
- In Jesus we don’t need to go back. We need to let it go and let Jesus make all things new.
- Turn it over to Jesus and let it go. Don’t be ashamed to get professional help when you need it. Surround yourself with godly people.
- Forgiveness is not saying what the other person did is right. Forgiveness is relinquishing their right to hurt you. Grief has no timetable.
- Jesus loves you just as you are; unconditionally. God has a plan and you are part of something bigger than yourself. There is hope and a future for you.
- Redirect your thoughts to Jesus.
- Keep your eyes on Jesus in the storm and let him lead.
- Rejection is a hard thing. If you get discouraged, redirect your focus to Jesus. Take those thoughts captive (2 Corin 10:5)!
- During challenging times you need downtime for rest and healing. Take a break from your schedule if you can.
- “Reality was that I could never be glued back together to be what I was and I needed God to make me something new.” – Laurie Meek Watkins
- “Forgiveness is not saying what the other person did is right. Forgiveness is relinquishing their right to hurt you.” – Laurie Meek Watkins
- “God has a plan and you are part of something bigger then yourself.” – Laurie Meek Watkins
- “It is as simple as falling and allowing God to embrace all the darkness in your life as well as your beautiful bright gifts.” – Laurie Meek Watkins