You are listening on libsyn, now
In this Episode, I feature special guest, Megan Evans. Megan is an author, blogger, has a heart for discipleship and lives with her family in the middle of Tennessee, where she serves as the Women’s Ministry Director at her church. In our authentic conversation, she shares her transformational God story of how God opened her eyes to see how her busy lifestyle was unhealthy and was steering her away from her relationship with HIM. She also shares how God showed up and changed her heart, and started teaching and encouraging her as she began putting HIM first in her busy days. In closing, she shares encouraging and ministering words to women who are fighting exhaustion and distraction due to their busy lifestyles. She also talks about her new book: Permission to Walk: A 40 Day Journey to Unhurried Peace.
In This Episode:
- Megan is an author and blogger and she serves as the women’s ministry director at her church.
- We all have a story to share. He is the same God in every one of our Bibles and the same one true God of all the universe and yet he so tenderly reveals himself in very personal ways in each one of our lives.
- Megan shares her “Learning to Unhurry My Heart” God story.
- Our heart needs to be still, process, ponder, and daydream, all these things that are so good when we don’t rush them.
- Our time with the Lord is not as fruitful when we multitask, rush, and put him off to the next task on the list.
- Jesus calls us friends and wants that daily interaction with us.
- Step one of an unhurried heart is to daily recognize that being a child of God is our greatest calling and our greatest legacy.
- Step number two is to match our pace to the feet of Jesus so that we can live aware of his presence and grow in his grace and truth.
- Step three is to daily enjoy an interactive relationship with God as he shapes, molds, and leads us to be more like Jesus.
- We have to do some things in an unrushed manner and one of those things is to get right with God.
- The Lord offers us unhurried peace.
- Distraction is a stronghold and a tool of the enemy to take our eyes off God.
- We didn’t set out to be weary women but a lot of us live there and God has so much more for us and he doesn’t want us to miss out on that in this fast-paced world.
- Don’t wait to get it all together and then change. Just start today.
- “We all have a story to share. He is the same God in every one of our Bibles and the same one true God of all the universe and yet he so tenderly reveals himself in very personal ways in each one of our lives.” – Megan Evans
- “Our time with the Lord is not as fruitful when we multitask, rush, and put him off to the next task on the list.” – Megan Evans
- “The Lord offers us unhurried peace.” – Megan Evans