You are listening on libsyn, now
In this Episode, I feature special guest, Melinda Kay Ronn. Melinda is the Altered Stories Ministry Board Secretary and is from Connecticut and the proud mom of a college aged daughter. She has a degree in journalism and has worked in ministry over the last 25 years as a faith-based consultant; writing and editing books, God stories, publishing, doing marketing communications and community outreach. She was also born and raised in Southern California and as a child was part of the Jesus People Movement and attended Calvary Chapel Cost Mesa. In our authentic conversation, Melinda shares her “You Are My Hiding Place” God story about how God helped her cope with her chaotic and trauma filled upbringing that involved dealing with family member rage and violence. She also shares how God helped her feel safe and cope with the trauma of her upbringing as she held a picture of Jesus with children on his lap from a Bible. She goes on to share her Calvary Chapel “Jesus People Movement” salvation story. In addition, she shares how God used her Dad to bring her and her family to Jesus Christ and how God led her to the White House to work during the 911 aftermath. In closing, she shares ministering words to those who are in need of encouragement and hope due to their chaotic and abusive home lives and circumstances.
In This Episode:
- Melinda Kay Ronn is the Altered Stories Ministry board secretary from Connecticut. She has worked in ministry over the last 25 years as a consultant, writing and editing books, publishing, marketing communication, and community outreach in the faith-based space for the greater part of her career.
- She worked in the White House for George W. Bush’s administration.
- She was born and raised in Southern California.
- People don’t argue against your story because it is your experience. Oftentimes our individual stories say so much to people who don’t know the Lord as well as other Christians.
- Melinda shares her “You Are My Hiding Place” God story.
- Her children’s Bible and the picture of Jesus with the little children were always a big comfort and a source of calmness and peace to her in challenging times as a child.
- She was saved at the age of nine.
- Jesus was her hiding place as a five year, as a nine year old and throughout her life. He protected her and gave her peace.
- God worked in her through her mom having Alzheimer’s.
- God is with you from the moment you are born.
- Don’t be afraid to share your God story.
- “We all have a call to evangelize.” – Melinda Kay Ronn
- “People don’t argue against your story because it is your experience. Oftentimes our individual stories say so much to people who don’t know the Lord as well as other Christians.” – Melinda Kay Ronn
- “God is with you from the moment you are born.” – Melinda Kay Ronn
- “Nothing is impossible with the Lord.” – Melinda Kay Ronn